Friday, March 14, 2008

Oyster Aware!


As an oyster lover... I like my oyster raw, on the halfshell, with a squeeze of lime and a dash of pernod. Well just browsing the net and I have found a great website - BeOysterAware.com website is dedicated to educating the oyster consuming public.

Beoysteraware.com is a great site that provides you with heap of information you probably want to know about oysters or maybe even Gulf oysters. I myself love eating oysters and I know not just me, alot of people loves it cause it is delicious but sometimes we forget that it is a raw mollusk and they have a bacteria called Vibrio vulnificus bacteria that could be affecting us as we eat these little mollusks. If you have weak immune system, diabetes, or liver disease you should avoid raw oysters. If oysters are a part of your diet that you could not live without, you need to visit BeOysterAware.com to learn more about safe ways to ingest oysters.

It provides a thorough background on Vibrio vulnificus and the health conditions that place an individual in the at-risk category, as well as present tasty oyster products with reduced risk for all consumers to enjoy, including at-risk consumers. So, eat your savory oyster treats raw, steamed, fried, charbroiled, grilled….whatever your appetite desires, just BE OYSTER AWARE!