Tuesday, July 3, 2007

no offense!


Almost all Filipinos were born Roman Catholic, 99.9% of Philippines population were Catholic... Blame it on the Spaniards, Philippines was a Spanish territory for 400 years imagine that? I am not saying this to give you lectures about the history of the Philippines!

It is just plain funny on how Filipinos believe in everything and when I say everything... I mean everything under the sun oh brother.

My Dad's has a very strict Catholic upbringing. Not us - (me and my siblings) We weren't brought up Catholic because of our Dear Mum. I visited my my Lola the other day (that's my Grandma my Dad's Mum) she is a devote Catholic. Everything was okay with her. I checked out her house and seems that everything is in place, well it's been awhile since my last visit to her. Every corner of her house has images of Jesus or Mother Mary. (While I am there at her house, I was feeling some burning sensation lol.) - Maga lang pala almoranas ko.


I remember when I was little, my lola she used to tell us stories about ghost, fairies, monsters and the like... Yeah she believed in those... Actually she believes in everything! (I hope someday she believes me that I am really a lesbian!!!) I have asked her before... Lola why do you have alot of images in your house, and she answered me... FOR PROTECTION SUS MERYOSEP! (With a very strong annoying Filipino accent! Ha ha ha) Upon hearing that... I dunno what or how should I react... Should I be happy or sad... But for real, I am laughing inside... I just couldn't show it to her. (I still smile and laugh whenever I remember this... "FOR PROTECTION THING")


She is very strict! Still keeps her old values from her era the 1910 lol, you know the "Dalagang Filipina" Chenalyn. So since am there already I told her that I was moving out from where I am currently living and was moving in with a friend so chika chika chika blah blahhh blah...

She finally agreed and just supported my decision, she assumed that I'll be living with a "some girl" that's why shes it's kind of OK with that... I don't want to hide things from her, cause I know sooner or later shed know. So I told her that I am gonna be living with a he and not a she... The tears just fell off from her cheeks, and just hugged me... She was begging me not to move in with him... She said, she doesn't want anybody talking about me behind my back about this moving in thing with a guy. (Sa tingin mo sya na ba ang mapapangasawa mo? Lola huh? Kaibigan ko lang po yon, and besides he is a she too! Kahit na! Pero kung sa tingin mo sya na nga eh di pakasal kayo... At saka kayo magsama at magpamilya! Eh lola hindi nga po, kaibigan ko lang po yon!) - Ang kulit ng lola ko no? Hindi talaga sya naniniwalang byaning ako! Kahit na makita nya kaming naglalandian ng jowa ko patay mali pa din! Grrrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehheeh

hindi lang ang lola mo, ako rin....panahon mamphor....
maria clara pa rin...lol....
kaya yon anak ko, shy minsan magsabi sa mga puppy love nila, kasi panahon mamphor pa raw si ako....di nila alam, coollll ang nanay nila....

about images, oo meron din ako, pero hindi ganito karami....sus marsoyep...proctection yan...