Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Toxic on Pet Foods

I was reading the newspaper the other day and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reports that at least 76 dogs nationwide are believed to have died as a result of eating contaminated Diamond Pet Foods.

Now I know the reason why our dog Simba had died, because of those contaminated pet food. Yeah I had remembered that we use to buy that kind of brand and feed it to him.

The said company has recalled 19 varieties of dog and cat food because tests showed high levels of aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical that comes from a fungus found on corn and other grains that causes severe liver damage in animals.

No comments: