Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Do you love Oysters?


I love Oysters! I could eat a whole bunch of em'. I could say that I could live with just eating Oysters alone cause they're really my favorite, here's one fact about Oysters... Oysters provide a low calorie protein - that are an excellent source of zinc, vitamin B-12, and omega-3 fatty acids.

Do you know that oyster is used as a metaphor in an idiomatic saying, "The world is your oyster", which means that the whole world is laid out before you like a wonderful living buffet.

I was ounce in Louisiana and I saw Gulf oysters. Gulf Oysters grow wild in the reefs of Louisiana. They vary in saltiness according to the season, becoming sweetest in the spring when the marshes are flooded with fresh water.

Well, I have found a great website - BeOysterAware.com website is dedicated to educating the oyster consuming public. It provides a thorough background on Vibrio vulnificus and the health conditions that place an individual in the at-risk category, as well as present tasty oyster products with reduced risk for all consumers to enjoy, including at-risk consumers. So, eat your savory oyster treats raw, steamed, fried, charbroiled, grilled….whatever your appetite desires, just BE OYSTER AWARE!