An apple a day, keeps the doctor away! Apples are good for the teeth, the skin and complexion, the stomach, the nerves, and overall good health (ahhh no wonder, mala kutis porcelana ako!)
FA-Q's about apple...
- Fresh apples float on water since 25% of their volume is air.
- Apples are high in fiber. One apple has 5 grams of fiber, supplying about 20% of the daily recommended dietary needs.
- Apples are best eaten with the peel since most of the fiber and antioxidants are found in the apple's peel.
- Apples are ripe when picked.
- Apple seeds are like human. Each seed will give a different type of apple from the planted seed.
- The apple fruit itself is covered with a natural layer of wax to protect its high water content. Hence, fresh apples are always crisp.