Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rio de Janeiro (Carnival: Febuary 2,3,4 and 5) See yah!

Brazil's Carnival is going to be crazy as it is, always. It is a riot of drinking, dancing and partying, symbolized worldwide by the nearly naked Carnival queens who strut their stuff in the samba parades.

Do you know that there will be nearly 20 million FREE condoms that will be distributed out to the streets? To tamp down on the spread of sexually transmitted diseases during the said notoriously promiscuous partying that will occur.

Oh well, so much for the Carnival.

Do you know that Rio de Janeiro is Brazil’s most visited destination. The city is located on Brazil’s southeast coast over 1,000 miles south of the equator. Which means that when it is winter here in the United States, it is the middle of summer in Brazil! *Now, I can't wait to sip that cold Caipirinha*!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I love this country.

I do not live in Rio though but in Natal, which is very close to the Equator, therefore we have 33°C/90°F all year.

Comfortable, isn't it? ;o)

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love the cariocas! I can't wait...